Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I know where the olive-yellow pollen comes from!

I have mentioned in my previous post that my bees are bringing in olive-yellow pollen and I was not sure from which plant that is. Today the bees revealed its source to me  :)
 To my surprise I have seen a few Honeybees on the Potentilla fruticosa bush working its flowers. I have never ever seen Honeybees on these flowers before and I have been observing it for the last 3 seasons. I never even saw a Bumblebee on it. Only flies and syrphid flies. If you look carefully you will see the pollen basket containing olive-yellow pollen. So thats where it comes from! :)
Honeybee gathering late pollen from Potentilla fruticosa
Sedum is also in the bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment