Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Melting Wax

I use a juicing pot to melt wax with
I add some water to the plastic container so to separate clean wax from the "dirt". 
Here you can see clearly the clean wax on top and the dirty water bellow. Once the wax has cooled down take it out of the container (do this over the sink)

3 comments:

  1. The juicing pot is a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try your method tomorrow. I've got a hot plate coil that I can set up outside.
    I tried unsuccessfully using a solar oven to melt the wax last week. I don't know why it didn't work. The wax turned black but wouldn't melt.

    Thanks for posting your way of melting wax. Looking forward to seeing it work this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my comb turns black after melting. The black stuff are the cocoons from a brood comb. Cocoons cant be melted so i simply discard them

      Delete