Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Second hive honey harvest and Drone pupae clean up

I almost forgot to blog about this :)
I have harvested honey from another top bar hive couple of days ago. This time I decided to extract the honey with my bare hands instead. I remember doing this as a child at my uncles farm. He kept bees in Skeps and would harvest honey at the end of the season. The whole family would then sit around the bucket with honey comb and we would crush it into a seal to separate the tiny wax parts from the honey. No need for expensive and unsustainable extractors or presses, simple hands will do ;)

 The rain has finally arrived :) flowers cant produce much nectar if its too dry so this rain is very welcome indeed. It will rain tomorrow as well and after that there will be a week of sun and warmth again. I'm expecting the nectar flow to continue.
I can see bees throwing out all the Drone Pupae. They have already evicted all living Drones so it was to expect that they will get rid of the remaining Drone brood too.

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos! Your hives and garden are just lovely. And the honey looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete