Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, July 8, 2013

Planting for bees

Even though there is much forage in our locality I'm still focused on planting extra for the bees. This year I started with Borage and Calendula. Of course I planted some Willow and am trying to collect as many wild flowering plants as I can possibly find like the Sweet Clover, Primrose, Asters etc ...
There is lots of White Clover around here and the bees love it;
 Incoming Bee
 Reseda odorata sure is of great interest for the bees since
they are spending lots of time collecting its nectar and pollen.
It is important to say that Reseda odorata virtually suffers of no pests.
Maybe bees use this to their advantage to fight pests within the hive?
I dont know, but what I do know is my gut feeling sais plant a lot of this 
lovely smelling flower.
Can you see the bee?

No comments:

Post a Comment