Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bees on Small-leaved Linden Tree and Elm-leaved Sumac blossoms

Honey Bee on a Linden blossom
Honey Bee working the Elm-leaved Sumac which is not poisonous
Im so happy to see so much forage in our locality. There is lots of White Clover, Fireweed and now even Linden tree is flowering too :) happy days.
My neighbour has two Elm-leaved Sumac trees near his pond and I was surprised to see my Honeybees working Sumac blossoms especially because there is so much else to choose from. There must be something special in Sumac blossoms that the bees are after. We know that pollen from some plants has more Amino Acids and proteins than others. I replanted a few off shots of Sumac into my garden following bees lead on this :) The same is happening with Reseda odorata in my garden. Even though there is lots of fine forage around us my bees insist on working the few pots of Reseda I planted :)
Sumac is very antimicrobial and Reseda has virtually no pests :) there must be something in them which bees use for their benefit :) I will be planting both of them in huge quantities especially because they are so easy to propagate.

No comments:

Post a Comment