Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Log hive and the flowering Spring

I've got a hollow log last year from a man who builds drums. He planned to build a bass drum out of this log but as he said it seems as it was waiting for me to get it since he had it for 2 years and never got around to turn it into a bass drum :)
I dont know if Im going to keep bees in it this year but will place it outdoors and hope for a swarm to move in.
I placed the hive on a huge flat rock and placed another one on top of the log to keep the rain out
Onion plants are the first one to flower in Spring
This photo was taken last week. The Hazel flowers have started to wither and I am worried that we will not have many hazel nuts this year because I havent see not even one Bee on them and I have looked and looked and looked ... I think the weather was still too cold for the bees yet Hazel was the first to bloom this Spring. Lets hope Im wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Today I´ve read a very interesting article about daffodil.

    It is very important for bees because its still cold outside then it flowers and it could be up to 15 degreas warmer inside the flower so its warm the bees then they get the pollen. They flower for a long time as well.

    I´ve hundreds of them in my garden :-) Soon there will be thousands of them.

    I´ve heatd that they are a repelant for voles as well so I have them around the fruitttrees in my garden.

    ReplyDelete