Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Queen moved into my hive

I was checking the insides of my empty top bar hives to see if all looks alright for the coming bee-season. I have found one follower board slightly deformed so I fixed that. Suddenly I saw an insect hiding just above the entrance under a top bar ... A Queen moved into my hive !!! But not a Honey Bee Queen!
This one was a Wasp Queen! 
It is amazing to realize that a vicious wasp nest is resting still in her abdomen. I removed her from this hive of course. We had a serious problem with Wasps last year. I had at least 6 strong nests under the roof of our house. The one which moved close to the main door I had to kill. This year I will be making a wasp trap from a big soda bottle. You can find how-to articles on the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment