Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Raw wool as hive insulation

Someone threw away lots of raw wool into the near by forest which I pass every day with my dog. Of course I was not lazy to go back home and get a bag and collect some of it. Wool is a perfect insulation for bee hives, both to insulate the roof above the cluster and in case of doubble walled hives. So I stuffed the one hive which has a doubble wall;
One can see the wool through the window from inside the hive

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea as wool, unlike synthetic insulation, absorbs moisture and reduces the opportunity for condensation to negatively impact the winter cluster. Old wool blankets or old wool coats can be used also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea, though I might not need it coz I'm in the tropics, equator.

    ReplyDelete