Natural Beekeeping

Top Bar ApiRevolution has begun! Lets make some inexpensive Top Bar Hives and let them be pesticide free on their own natural comb! Che Guebee is a rebel bee fighting for the survival of the Biodiversity we all depend on and which is seriously endangered by deforestation and mono-crop agriculture! What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Friday, September 28, 2012

Varroa is our Friend certainly Not the Enemy


The Varroa is a little red mite
it comes from Asia so they say
it came all the way around the world
and now its living in the USA
Its living on the comb
and looking for a home

When the first time I saw the Varroa
It was sucking on a Bee
After a round of brood I saw it again
and it made a whole family
Its living on the comb
and looking for a home

Well a beekeeper took a pesticide strip
and he put it in the hive
now all the honey and wax are ruined
and the mite it still aint died
Its living on the comb
and looking for a home

I tried oils and powders and poisons
but still the mites are strong
the bees got weak and sick
and now almost all are gone
we ruined their home
we cant leave them alone

Well the Varroa told the beekeeper
you better get some more bees
a coupple of 3 pund packages
make a tasty meny for me
I'll make 'em my home
and make them disease prone

Well the bees didnt make much comb
and they didnt make much honey
all year long Im pulling out my hair
and spending all my money
Im hooked on bees
someone help me please

If anyone should ask you
who was that wrote this song
tell 'em the only beekeeper
and all the bees are gone
They left their home
looking for cleaner comb

I aint gonna fuss about nothing no more
I know I cant fight the mite
I'll get out of their way and then one day
the bees will be allright
Happy in their home
Living on the comb
Happy in their home
just leave them alone

A song by Sam Comfort from Anarchy Apiaries

No comments:

Post a Comment